Drinking tea has so much benefits to bring. It is really an awesome drink like its cousin, coffee. Aside from antioxidants, it is well known to provide mental alertness and concentration. But make sure that what you are drinking is actually a tea. For the record, there’s only four varieties of it namely, white, black, green and oolong. Other teas such as those “herbal tea” aren’t actually pure tea as they are infused with other plants.
While the original tea lacks variety, you can find so much health benefits from it. It is believed to come from tea’s natural substance called polyphenols. Besides being a great refreshment, here are some of the thousands of benefits you can get from drinking tea:
- Do you know that drinking three cups of tea everyday can keep you mentally alert even at a very old age? There are studied revealed that drinking tea can help in maintain brain’s mental state. In addition to that, theanine, a compound found in tea, could prevent the risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
- Boosting endurance shouldn’t be a problem if you are an avid tea drinker. Scientists discovered that a substance found in tea called catechins have been proven to burn fat to act as a fuel, which will greatly increase muscle endurance.
- Tea does have caffeine and most of us believe that it dehydrates us. But tea is really miraculous as it doesn’t dehydrate us, instead it does the opposite.
- As we all knew, tea is loaded with antioxidants and is proven to help us lower the risk of getting a lot of chronic diseases and cancers. This includes, but not limited to breast, colon, colorectal, skin, lung, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, pancreas, liver, ovarian, prostate and oral cancers. If you work in an industrial setting, this is crucial. For instance, working as a house painter will undoubtedly lead to a build up of these types of toxins.
- It helps lower the risk of getting Parkinson’s disease. It has been proven, along with good lifestyle, that regular drinking of tea can significantly lower the risk of getting this chronic illness.
- Drinking green tea can help your eyes see well. The eye, just like any other part of the body can suffer from oxidative stress. Thus, it makes our eyes vulnerable to diseases. There’s a 2010 study that proved drinking tea can positively affect eye tissues, especially the ones in the retina.
- It is high in oxygen radical absorbance capacity which helps combat free radicals. Free radicals can damage DNA in the body. While we have our own mechanisms to fight free radicals, they are not 100% effective. Drinking tea can help us fight these free radicals which are known to be the link to cancer, heart diseases, neurological degeneration and others.
- People suffering from type 2 diabetes can greatly benefit from drinking tea. Studies have revealed that compounds found in teas could help diabetics process sugars.
- Tea is calorie free. If you are looking for alternatives for a satisfying and calorie-free drink, then tea is a top choice.
- Tea increases metabolism and thus, it could be a great drink for people who wants to lose weight.